Monday, December 17, 2007

10 K


I've run in a couple of 5Ks, but this is my first 10K. Over the weekend, Art Blog By Bob passed 10,000 hits since I started keeping a tally. Many thanks to everyone who has been reading and commenting and making this very fun venture seem all that much more rewarding. In the grand scheme of the blogosphere, 10,000 hits seems paltry compared to the big boys, but I'm more than happy with the traffic in my little arty haven.
Thanks, also, to all the students around the world who stumbled across my site recently in their heated frenzy to get term papers written. That surge of interest let to over 1,000 hits in just the past week or so. Rest assured that Saint Jerome, patron saint of students and subject of one of Albrecht Durer's greatest etchings (above, from 1514), is looking over your shoulder, probably trying to point out a misspelling. I hope that you come back to visit sometime when the call of duty isn't so pressing to share some of your thoughts in response to my ramblings.
And speaking of my ramblings, I hope that everyone resists the urge to plagarize from my pearls of wisdom. Remember, cheaters only cheat themselves in the end. Also, keep in mind that, regardless of how authoritative I may sound, I'm still just some opinionated guy on the internet with a blog. As much as I'd hate someone taking my work as their own, I'd feel even worse if they did that and flunked. Like Mr. Brady said, Caveat emptor.

No comments: